Thursday, January 28, 2016

On the Horizon

Just to keep everyone on tabs what's happening. I've been (very busy/managing my time poorly) but I've managed to scratch together the start of a promising project. It's still a bit early to talk details, since it's already changed shape dramatically (from a stat-management game to a more traditional AIF adventure) but right now I think I've got it down to a manageable size and concept. I think it will be much lighter in tone than my other projects, so if you like that, that's something to look forward to.

Alongside that, I'm also working on a conversation extension, my own take on the Threaded Conversation concept already released by Chris Conley. Once that's done I can expand the AIF Toolkit, probably with a new extension focused on everything around actually "doing it": seduction, relationships, willingness, NPC-directed sex, etc. I probably won't be releasing any extensions until Inform 7 fixes the extension system.

Finally, I've been working very hard on my next book, Duel to the Death. I don't want to bring it up too often, I want this blog to be game-focused, but it's a very important part of my future so I don't want to completely ignore it either. If you are interested in the new book, I'll try to keep my updates about it mostly on the new site I've made (http://anotherwannabe93.wix.com/author) and on my (sigh) twitter https://twitter.com/Anotherwannabe9. It's coming out this spring, though I don't feel comfortable naming a month yet.

Anyways, that's it for now. Have a fun new year!

~AW

1 comment:

  1. AW, please contact me as soon as possible on palmer_aif@hotmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete